POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grassy Julia, v2 : Grassy Julia, v2 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:42:34 EDT (-0400)
  Grassy Julia, v2
From: Tek
Date: 16 Jun 2003 18:26:09
Message: <3eee4401@news.povray.org>
No deck chair or umbrella yet, I'm still mulling over why they would be there...

But anyway, here's a version with improved grass placement, and some flowers,
bees, and butterflies to add variety. I've also made the water more realistic
and dipped the bottom of the "island" into it (with a few ripples radiating from
where they meet). Oh, and also I added some distant mountains because the
horizon looked a bit empty. Incidentally, the bees are stripey, but you just
can't see it at this resolution, so they just look like flying yellow dots :)

This render was at 1600x1200, with no anti-aliasing or focal blur, so it only
took 59 minutes 34 seconds. Things look smooth despite the lack of AA because
most of the things in the scene have soft edges (the grass blades, the insects,
the flowers, and the clouds) and I've rescaled it to 1024x768 which smoothed out
everything else.

My immediate plans are to make less bees and more butterflies, then to think
about the deck chair some more...

But beyond that I have no plan. The suggestions so far have been excellent, so I
welcome any more suggestions/comments/criticisms/etc.

Thanks
--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com